See how easy it is to make this Starbucks favorite at home in less than 5 minutes ! I ’ ve taken the original Starbucks recipe and recreated it. The trick to making this drink is all in how it ’ second assembled .
- Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato is a vanilla flavored espresso drink with cold milk, ice, and caramel drizzle. The only part of the drink that’s caramel is the drizzle on top.
- What’s unique about this drink is how it’s made with the vanilla syrup and milk on the bottom, then the shots of espresso sitting on top of the milk and ice, and finally, a drizzle of caramel. For a drink to be an Iced Caramel Macchiato, the milk has to be at the bottom, and the espresso on top.
- Making a drink with the same flavors and ingredients, but with the espresso on the bottom and adding the milk on top, turns the drink into an Iced Vanilla Latte with caramel drizzle.
- I’ve taken Starbucks’ exact recipe and recreated it so it can be made at home in an espresso maker or a Nespresso.
RELATED: 19 Starbucks Caramel Drinks (Including Secret Menu)
Bạn đang đọc: Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato Copycat
Iced Caramel Macchiato at Starbucks
One of the most popular drinks at Starbucks, the Iced Caramel Macchiato is made with their key signature espresso, vanilla syrup, 2 % milk, and ice. Caramel sauce is added to the crown of the beverage in a hatch blueprint ( 7 times vertically across the open of the swallow, 7 times horizontally, then 2 circles around the border of the cup ) .
Iced Caramel Macchiato can be ordered in 3 drink in sizes : tall, grande, and venti.
Tall ( 12 ounces ) contains 2 pumps of vanilla syrup and 1 blastoff of espresso. It has 180 calories and 75 magnesium of caffeine .
Grande ( 16 ounces ) contains 3 pumps of vanilla syrup and 2 shots of espresso. It has 250 calories and 150 magnesium of caffeine .
Venti ( 24 ounces ) contains 5 pumps of vanilla syrup and 3 shots of espresso. It has 350 calories and 225 milligram of caffeine .
common customizations include ordering this drink top down ( ingredients are put into the cup in reverse regulate ) or with extra caramel drizzle .
RELATED: 19 Starbucks Caramel Drinks (Including Secret Menu)
Starbucks uses their signature espresso to make the drink. Use their espresso roast or a dark roasted coffee.
Whole beans: Starbucks Espresso Roast
Nespresso Original: Starbucks Espresso Roast
Nespresso Vertuo: Espresso Roast
- Caramel sauce
It’s a little tricky to make at home since it requires a candy thermometer so I just buy it instead of making it from scratch. You can also use caramel syrup, which doesn’t contain dairy, but it’s not as rich in flavor as caramel sauce.
- Vanilla syrup
Unlike the caramel sauce, vanilla syrup is SUPER easy to make at home so definitely go for homemade if you can. Or, just get a bottle of vanilla syrup online or by going into Starbucks locations and asking if they can sell you the vanilla syrup. (They’ll sell it to you if they have enough in stock.)
- 2% milk
Starbucks uses 2% milk for most of their drinks. You can use any kind you like though.
My Nespresso Pick
Photo Credit : amazon.com
amply automatic Nespresso machine that makes all kinds of espresso-based drinks with an attached milk frother.
SEE PRICE ON AMAZON
For full ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe.
- Pour vanilla syrup, milk, then ice into a cup. Top with espresso shots.
This drink makes 16 ounces (a grande Starbucks size).
- Add caramel drizzle.
RELATED: Starbucks Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew Copycat
For an Iced Caramel Macchiato to be a true Iced Caramel Macchiato, it has to be made with espresso. Use an espresso machine or a Nespresso to make espresso at home .
If you don ’ t have a way to make espresso, try these early options below. Since these coffee options won ’ t be american samoa acute as espresso, you ’ ll need to add more coffee bean to the beverage .
- Strong brewed coffee made in a coffee machine
Use 2-3 tablespoons of ground coffee and 1 cup of water to make coffee in a drip coffee machine. Put the hot coffee in the freezer for 15 minutes to quickly cool it down.
- Cold brew
Cold brew coffee is a great option since it’s already cold and concentrated, but it does require a bit more time. See how to make cold brew like Starbucks.
- French press
Combine 2-3 tablespoons of ground coffee and 1 cup of hot water in a French press and steep for 4 minutes. Strain and cool down the coffee.
Brew strong coffee by using one pod to make just half a cup by adjusting the settings.
- The drink must be made in a certain order for the drink to be an Iced Caramel Macchiato. Milk and vanilla syrup must be put into the cup first so that they’re at the bottom of the cup and then the espresso so that it sits on top. The caramel drizzle is added last, sitting on top of the drink, not stirred in.
- The drink is to be sipped without mixing or stirring. The first few sips will be espresso sweetened with caramel then as the espresso makes its way down the cup, it’ll taste like a vanilla latte.
- To add caramel just like Starbucks, drizzle in a crosshatch pattern, layering the caramel drizzle 7 times vertically across the surface of the drink, 7 times horizontally, then 2 circles around the edge of the cup.
- You can get vanilla syrup directly from Starbucks by going to any of their locations and asking if they have any vanilla syrup available for purchase. They’ll sell it to you if they have enough in stock. It should cost around $14.
Questions You May Have
What’s in Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato? The grande toast is made with 2 shots of espresso, 3 pumps of vanilla syrup, 2 % milk, ice, and caramel sauce. Can I make this drink without espresso? If you don ’ thymine have an espresso machine or a Nespresso, replace the espresso with strong coffee ( double-strength ) or cold brew. Can I make this drink with oat milk? Yes ! Use any milk you prefer. It tastes great with Oatly oat milk, which is what Starbucks uses. What is an Upside Down Iced Caramel Macchiato? An Upside Down Iced Caramel Macchiato is made with the ingredient holy order reversed. Caramel sauce goes into the cup first, then espresso, followed by milk and frosting, then the vanilla syrup.
Xem thêm: Starbucks Sugar-Free Drinks
Did you make this? Please leave a star rate below or a review in the comments section.
Want to save this recipe to Pinterest for belated ? Pin it now to your Pinterest board!