Hot, foaming milk is what turns a shot of espresso into a cappuccino or caffe latte. It ’ s creamy, dulcet, and adds some texture to your differently normal brew. And you can make foam milk in your french press—it ’ s so dim-witted .
In this quick usher, I ’ ll testify you…
- The difference between frothed and steamed milk
Bạn đang đọc: How To Make Frothed Milk In Your French Press
- How to make foam milk in your french press
- A few examples of how you can use the froth milk
Let ’ s leap in !
Frothed VS Steamed Milk : What ’ s The Difference ?
many websites use these two terms interchangeably, but as a coffee professional and early barista, I can assure you : there is a very real difference—and it ’ sulfur worth learning about .
here ’ s what the processes have in common : they both aim to give the milk a foamy layer that can complement the coffee’s flavor and texture. They both do this by injecting atmosphere particles in-between the milk ’ sulfur protein molecules .
Read: Single VS Double Espresso Shots: What’s The Difference?
This works best with hot milk, because the protein molecules unfold and more easily ‘ trap ’ tune as they cool down and curl back up. That being said, frothing cold milk does work for frost drinks—it good won ’ triiodothyronine be as creamy .
It ’ sulfur besides easier to do with 2 % or whole milk, because there are more proteins and fats in the milk, increasing the creaminess of the foam .
immediately let ’ s take a deeper expect at the differences :
- Steaming milk is what a barista does with an espresso machine. He/she holds a milk pitcher up to a steam wand and injects crazy hot water vapor into the milk, enabling the baristas to create a very fine and precise foam that ’ second great for making caffe latte art. Learning to control this process is very difficult and takes weeks of casual practice to make basic artwork .
- Frothing milk is less precise, but more approachable. Rather than using an expensive machine to create a fine, velvet foam using carefully controlled steam, foaming is more about using any tool you can find to froth the milk. This can be a french press, a blender, or tied a mason jar. The end result is tasty and bubbling, but not as accurate or big for art .
so, basically, steaming is the more difficult room that baristas go, but froth is far more accessible for home brewers who don ’ thyroxine want to put down a load of money on an espresso machine with a steam baton .
Read: Brewing Tea In Your French Press: Everything You Need To Know
The Easy Guide To Frothing Milk In Your french Press
This process is sooo bare and easy. In fact, I think it ’ s the most effective and easiest way to make foam milk at home. hera ’ s what you need :
- A way to heat that milk
- A french crusade
badly. It ’ sulfur that easy.
Xem thêm: Copycat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
Let ’ s take a look at the action bit-by-bit .
Step 1 : If you have a standard size french crusade, fill a mug ¾ full with coldness milk. If you have a small 3-cup weigh, only fill the chump ½ up with milk .
Step 2 : Microwave the milk for 35-45 seconds. alternatively, you can heat the milk on the stave on low-medium heat, stirring constantly. The microwave ’ mho easy .
Step 3 : cautiously pour the hot milk into your french bid and attach the plunger/lid .
Step 4 : quickly recruit and plunge the all right mesh filter of the french iron to force air travel particles into the milk ’ second proteins and fats. Do this for 10-15 seconds, or until the foam has added 50 % or so to the milk ’ randomness sum volume .
Step 5 : Take off the french iron hat, then pour or scoop out the froth milk into your drink of choice .
Read: 5 Things Every French Press Coffee Lover Should Know
It can take a few times of doing this to find out precisely how a lot milk you need to use. If you by chance froth besides much milk, merely drink it or pour it into oatmeal. You ’ ll get better at producing less waste as you get more commit .
3 Ways You Can Use Your Frothed milk
There are dozens of drinks you can make with your froth milk, but we ’ ll show you three of the more basic applications that most people will want to try out .
- Cafe au Lait — This french drink is dim-witted : black chocolate ( the fuller-flavored the batter ) and frothed milk. alternatively of pouring cold milk into your chocolate, try this alternatively. It ’ south creamy, angelic, and gives the top layer of the coffee a little sum of foaming good .
- Stovetop Espresso Drinks — If you use a moka batch or some other brewer that makes concentrated, espresso-like coffee, you can use your froth milk to make drinks you ’ vitamin d find at your local cafe. Top your stovetop espresso with a boastfully dollop of foam for a cappuccino or a few ounces of blistering liquid milk and a small piece of foam for a caffe latte .
- Summer-y Iced Drinks — Top your cold brew chocolate with a small bite of cold-frothed milk to give it a bubbling come on, smoother season, and creamier body. You can besides add a hint of foam to creative coffee drinks, like theHigh Plains Tonic .
What ’ s your favorite way to use froth milk at home ? Drop a comment below with your front-runner recipes and drinks !
While frothing international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine quite as precise or refined as steam, it ’ s an effective and elementary way to give yourself the pleasures of bubbling milk at home without breaking the bank.
Xem thêm: 12 Starbucks Iced Coffee Copycat Recipes
And, if you ’ re starting out with specialty-grade, impertinently roasted beans, you ’ ll find that the milk can enhance each chocolate a little differently. You can stay stocked with stellar beans that are roasted the same day they ’ ra shipped via our Coffee Club .